What is FBReader
- FBReader is a popular (30+ million installs) ebook reader. Works on iOS, Android, Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
- FBReader uses its own book parser and rendering engine. The engine is lightweight, fast, and highly customisable.
- FBReader supports many ebook formats, including ePub, mobi, fb2, HTML, RTF, plain text. The primary formats are ePub and fb2.
- FBReader is not open-source since 2015. For developers, we offer FBReader SDK: a library that allows creating own ebook readers.
- If you want to create your own ebook reader on the FBReader engine, use FBReader SDK.
- The SDK is currently available for Android and iOS.
- The SDK for other platforms might be available by request. Please, contact us via email.
- The SDK includes the parser and rendering engine for text formats, i.e. ePub, fb2, mobi, etc. It does not support PDFs.
- You can download the SDK and develop your app for free. If you decide to release the app, you have to buy the SDK key that removes warnings and unlocks all the features.
- The price starts from £800 for a single key.
- You pay once and have access to all upcoming updates.
April 21, 2022
- New hotkeys in the reading mode that makes it possible to use the app in fullscreen with no toolbar
- Added “Bookmark current page” button
- A number of minor UI improvements and fixes
March 31, 2022
- Added continuous vertical scrolling
- Yandex translator replaced by DeepL
- The app uses custom bookmark styles created on desktop
- Online storage for your electronic library.
- Store books in your Google Drive™ space.
- Organise books by authors, by series, etc.
- Synchronise book collection, reading positions, and bookmarks across devices.
- Add book from desktop computer to all your devices. Manage your library online.
- Easy access from web browser and from FBReader for iPhone/iPad and Android.