Sharp Zaurus is the first platform FBReader was developed for. :) We provide several set packages for different firmwares.
FBReader for Sharp Zaurus is 0.8.17 and will never be updated...
For devices with Qtopia-based firmware (original Sharp, Cacko)
- FBReader uses expat library for XML reading. If expat is not installed on your Zaurus, you need to download and install expat binary package.
- FBReader uses libbz2 library for accessing bzip2 archives. Please download and install libbz2 binary package.
- For devices with 240x320 screen resolution:
- For devices with 640x480 screen resolution:
- On some devices, libz is not installed correctly. If fbreader does not work on your device, please try to install the libz binary package.
- If your preferred character encoding is not presented in FBReader list, please install the package containing the full set of gconv modules for Sharp Zaurus Qtopia. Warning: this package is large -- about 8Mb after unpacking.
- Free zaurus fonts, converted from GPL'd truetype fonts.
For devices with pdaXrom firmware
FBReader works only on pdaXrom 1.1.0 RC11 or newer. FBReader for pdaXrom is distributed as a single package containing both Gtk+ and Qt interface modules. By default the program runs with Gtk+ interface. To force Qt interface, start FBReader from command line as ‘FBReader -zlui qt’.
For devices with OpenZaurus firmware
- This version of FBReader is tested on OpenZaurus 3.5.4 with Opie and GPE images.
- Please install packages libstdc++6, libexpat0 and bzip2 from standard OpenZaurus feed.
- For Opie environment:
- For GPE environment: