FBReader for Android
About FBReader for Android
FBReader is free, fast and highly customisable ebook reader for devices running Android OS (version 1.5 or higher is supported, 2.0 or higher is recommended). FBReader for Android
- supports a lot of e-book formats: ePub, rtf, fb2, html, plain text and (partially) mobipocket/kindle
- supports direct reading from zip archives
- organizes user library by titles, authors, series, etc.
- provides direct access to a lot of network ebook libraries and stores
- supports adding of custom OPDS catalogs
- is integrated with popular dictionaries like ColorDict, SlovoEd, Fora, etc.
- can use external TrueType/OpenType fonts
- is localised for 29 languages
- includes hyphenation patterns for 16 languages
History and current version
FBReader for Android was written in Java as a clone of original (C++) FBReader book reader. It was named FBReaderJ, but now we prefer to write “FBReader for Android”. Initial version of FBReader for Android was partially written as a student project at Academy of Modern Software Engineering.
Latest stable version of FBReader for Android is 1.9.3.
Latest development version of FBReader for Android is 2.0 beta 14. A plugin for reading PDF files is available for this version.
Binary package for Android 2.0+ is available from the Android Market. (To install start Android Market apllication on your device, search FBReader and press the "Install" button.) Alternatively you can download the package from this page.
- FBReader 1.9.3 package:
- FBReader 1.8.2 for old (Android 1.5/1.6) devices
- FBReader 2.0 beta 14 package:
- Additional modules are available from a separate page
FBReader source code is dual licensed. The default license is GPL. If you want to build closed-source FBReader-based product, please contact us for information about commercial license.
Full FBReader sources are available from the git repository at GitHub