FBReader for Android
FBReader is free, fast and highly customisable e-book reader for devices running Android OS (version 1.5 or higher is supported, 2.0 or higher is recommended). FBReader for Android
- supports a lot of e-book formats: ePub, rtf, fb2, html, microsoft doc, rtf, plain text and (partially) mobipocket/kindle
- supports direct reading from zip archives
- organizes user library by titles, authors, series, etc.
- provides direct access to a lot of network e-book libraries and stores
- supports adding of custom OPDS catalogs
- is integrated with popular dictionaries like ColorDict, SlovoEd, Fora, etc.
- can use external TrueType/OpenType fonts
- is localised for 29 languages
- includes hyphenation patterns for 16 languages
History and current version
FBReader for Android was written in Java as a clone of original (C++) FBReader program. It was named FBReaderJ, but now we prefer to write “FBReader for Android”. Initial version was partially written as a student project at Academy of Modern Software Engineering.
Latest stable release is 220.127.116.11.
Latest development release is 2.0 beta 14. A plugin for reading PDF files is available for this release.
Binary packages for Android 1.5+ devices are available on the Google Play. Alternatively you can download the package from this page.
- FBReader 18.104.22.168 package:
- Release 1.8.2 for old (Android 1.5/1.6) devices
- FBReader 2.0 beta 14:
- Additional modules are available from a separate page
FBReader source code is dual licensed. The default license is GPL. If you want to build closed-source FBReader-based product, please contact us for information about commercial license.
Full sources are available from the git repository at GitHub